Pages

Friday, 8 November 2013

My personal little moment

That moment on Erasmus when all your life as you know it changes, you feel a strange yet familiar feeling, that feeling which shows itself once a year at most. Your body and thoughts seem disconnected, you feel lost in a crowd in which everyone else has a direction. The setting sun is filtering through the trees, evoking that beautifully descriptive Japanese word, komorebi. Breathlessness, fear, the end of a phase and mingling emotions fuse with the atmospheric sound of the accordion, which is clearly being played just for me. I feel like I am in a movie, my consciousness is in slow motion whilst everyone else's lives continue at the normal pace. I take in the scents, the sounds, the low and blinding light. A gush of nonsensical thoughts come racing through my mind one after another. I am fine. I am feeling genuine feelings, and that is promising.


No comments:

Post a Comment