Pages

Sunday, 27 October 2013

Half-way point

Les vacances de toussaint (or all saints) have just begun, and I have realized that I am just about half-way through my stay. As expected, the streets and faces which were once unknown to me are now quite familiar. I am able to make out more of what people are saying in the street, provided they are speaking in one of the languages I know, and I have met many friends. There are moments when cycling when I take in the sights and smells and have those little "movie" moments, where I feel as though I am having some kind of revelation. I don't mean in a religious sense, just that familiar sensation of "feeling it", this is the way life should be, a profound serenity.

In August I applied some line green nail polish to my toenails and fingernails. Whilst there is no trace of it left on my fingernails, it's still there on my toenails. It covers just about half of each nail, indicating how much they have grown since setting off.

I may be going to Aix-en-Provence and Avignon this week. If the plan falls through with my friends, I may just go anyway, hitchhiking or car sharing.

The last hike of the October cycle was beautiful, 5 hours in Vercours, with an incredible view of Grenoble.



As you can see, Autumn is well under way. Pumpkin soup, coloured leaves. What is missing? A Tim Burton movie.




I haven't really got much else to add, only that time is going quicker here than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment