Pages

Monday, 4 April 2011

Northward


From England to Scotland. I now live here, it's a far cry from Edinburgh, the city in which I study. No cars, just birds, rabbits, and the occasional tractor. This could easily be a landscape from lord of the rings, and I mean a real location from the book, middle earth was certainly not in New Zealand in Tolkein's mind! I thought without all the distractions of city life, spontaneous trips to galleries and museums, explorations of undiscovered districts, that returning home for easter would be an ideal method to study, no distractions in the middle of nowhere, right?






Wrong. I could easily lose myself for an entire day, staring out at the rivers, mountains and streams, hidden by pine forests just around the corner from my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment